Community standards for service engagement
The Men’s Referral Service offers anonymous and confidential telephone counselling, information and referrals around issues of family violence.
In an emergency call 000. Our phone and webchat services are not emergency services.
The Men’s Referral Service provides brief, one-off counselling and referral discussions with men about family violence issues. Our trained counselling & referral workers will do their best to listen to your situation and provide information or referrals to assist you, based on the information you choose to share with us.
We expect people engaging with the Men’s Referral Service to:
- be respectful in both content and tone
- discuss content relevant to the services we provide
- be willing to engage with our counsellors and be open to reflection
- only engage with our services when safe to do so (e.g. not while operating a vehicle)
Our staff may terminate your call or webchat if you:
- use abusive or harassing language or tone
- share content that is defamatory to any individual or organisation
- violate another individual’s right to privacy
- share content that is commercial or advertising in nature
- share content we consider inappropriate
Your privacy is important to us. We strive to respect your privacy and anonymity, however there are limits to confidentiality. We will share information related to phone calls or webchats if:
- we believe there is an imminent threat to anyone’s safety
- a caller discloses having abused a child
- we are legally obligated to do so (ie. we receive a court subpoena)
Recorded phone calls or written communication with a Men’s Referral Service counsellor may not be passed on in any form without written permission from Men’s Referral Service.
You are responsible for the choices you make before, during and after engaging with the Men’s Referral Service. NTV accepts no liability for damages, loss or injury due to action or inaction taken by you.
Start Live Chat
To chat with our counsellors click on the blue box at the bottom right of this page.
Live Chat operating hours: 8am – 9pm Monday to Friday (AEST)