This three hour interactive workshop provides an overview of adolescent family violence including data, demographics, prevalence and behaviours. It then progresses to explore the following questions and issues:
- How can our learnings with men who use violence support working with adolescent family violence offenders?
- What theoretical and practice frameworks are useful in working with adolescents who use violence in the home?
- The importance of a gendered lens in working with men who use violence in adolescent family violence.
- The key differences in working with adolescent family violence offenders to adult men who use family violence.
- Key principles in supporting effective change and family safety.
Facilitator: Jo Howard is a social worker and family therapist with a strong commitment to social justice, gender equity and stopping violence against women and children. She has worked with men, women, children and adolescents who are impacted by, or use family violence for over 30 years.
Who is the training for?
Both members and non members of NTV/MRS working in the family violence sector that wish to develop their skills in working with men who use violence.
What is the cost?
Free for NTV/MRS members who have paid 2017/18 renewal.
$150 for non members.
Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com or call our Membership Officer, Michael Hobbs on 0413 547 389.