UPDATED 30-3-2020 These web pages house sector-specific details regarding the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and methods our sector can continue vital work with the community.
Please see below links with details of how to adapt during the crisis:
18-3-2020 Practice Bulletin No.1 Adapting practice
What other agencies are doing
- Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS)
- Respect Victoria
- Family Safety Victoria
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Safe Steps
- The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Magistrate’s Court of Victoria, Practice Directions
DHHS has also provided a COVID-19 Family Violence and Sexual Assault Guidelines which we recommend for all Victorian sector workers.
The Australian Government has provided translated COVID-19 updates.
Listed are some key resources for people who work in face-to-face counselling:
- Rosanna Bellini and Nicole Westmarland’s paper ‘Initial Lessons Learned from using Video Conferencing Software to deliver Interventions for Men using Violence in Intimate Relationships‘
- The Lookout website cites research and latest updates for specific concerns surrounding family violence and crisis:
- Safe and Together – offers practical tips to assist you in delivery.