The Men’s Behaviour Change Network NSW was formed in 2013 in response to the introduction of NSW Minimum Standards for Men’s Domestic Violence Behaviour Change Programs in 2012. The network comprises of the NSW Accredited MBCP providers and their practitioners. The Network has proactively engaged in sector development and provided feedback to government agencies through their own organisational membership and through the Network.
In 2017 Women NSW funded No To Violence to provide sector development to the men’s domestic and family violence sector in NSW, as a peak body specialising in men’s domestic and family violence intervention and prevention. NTV/MRS NSW will provide secretariat to and advocate on behalf of the Network.
About No to Violence
No to Violence (NTV) is the largest peak body in Australia representing organisations and individuals working with men to end family violence. We also provide telephone counselling, information and referrals for men in Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. As we’ve supported callers for over 25 years, we’re qualified to work with men who use family violence.
No to Violence provide leadership and policy advice about working with men to end family violence, with and on behalf of its members, to government and the community sector.
No to Violence represent the men’s family violence sector in Victoria, New South Wales and nationally on a number of government and non-government committees working to improve responses to family violence:
- ACON Domestic Violence Advisory Committee, NSW
- ANROWS National Community Attitudes Survey (NCAS) Reference Group, National
- ANROWS Practitioner Engagement Group, National
- CALD Reference Group, VIC
- Caring Dads Statewide Advisory Group, VIC
- Chief Magistrate’s Family Violence Taskforce, VIC
- Child Protection Family Violence Steering Committee, VIC
- Criminal Justice Reforms Round Table, NSW
- Cross Sector Alliance, VIC
- DVNSW Policy Advisory Committee, NSW
- Education Centre Against Violence Graduate Certificate Committee, NSW
- Enhancing Police Responses to Family Violence, VIC
- Expert Advisory Committee on Perpetrator Interventions, VIC
- Expert Panel for Common Dynamic Risk Assessment, NSW
- Family Violence Child Protection Partnership, VIC
- Family Violence Steering Committee, VIC
- Family Violence Steering Committee Primary Aggressor Working Group, VIC
- Industry Taskforce & subgroups, VIC
- LGBTI Family Violence Working Group, VIC
- Magistrates’ Court Victoria Perpetrator Interventions Working Group Membership, VIC
- Mallee Area Men’s Family Violence Intervention Steering Committee, VIC
- MARAMIS Expert Advisory Group, VIC
- Men’s Behaviour Change Network, NSW
- NSW Women’s Alliance, NSW
- PATRICIA Project Advisory Group, VIC
- Social Services Taskforce, VIC
- South West Alliance, NSW